dinsdag 6 oktober 2015

Buy N Large

After a rather devastating friday evening at the club, in which I showed 0 interest for modelling of any kind, I did manage to walk away with some extra cash in hand and a brand new box of Kastelan robots (finally) that I traded for some plastic Cadian sentinels and troops. I will treasure it, and I won't unpack it untill my skills have improved. The Cadians won't be missed.

The weekend was a bust as well, Kim and the kids were sick, our Netflix account got hacked by some guy in Brasil and I think I blinked twice before it was sunday evening :(

During our weekly chat this evening, I informed Kim that I had donated money to charity and won a Rapid Fire book that way, and that I had bought something for my sci-fi scratchbuilding. Her reply, that since I had money, I should give her the same amount as I had just spent. Wait....what? What about Crisis then? I plan to spend about a 100 there or more, saving around 50 (or more) on shipping alone. Well, I'm to hand over the savings in shipping as well.

Well, that went from 0 to full in under 5 seconds. I'll spare you the rest of the argument, but I sit here now telling myself it is all because she's not well yet, she is being irrational but does not know it. Maybe I'm just telling me things but at least it prevents me from being agry at her.

So, any bright spots?

Well, yes, thank you for asking. While browsing the LAF I discovered a topi that has been running for a few months now, called "Elbowtech" link   Years back I was a huge Battletech fan, I have one case with practically every book ever published and another case with what must be around 400 mechs in blister alone, with a couple of 100 based and some even painted. Don't think I ever played more then 5 games in my life with it because it is so dreadfully slow :P Even back then I managed to go overboard. Anyway, Elbowtech. A fans work to make the game run much quicker with less bookkeeping so that you can play a game in an hour. I'm all for that, cause it still does not require a lot of figures to play a game, or use tons of scenery. Better yet, his version is hexless. Since I have not seen my cases of stuff for some time I will keep my eye on his topic, but it sure fired up my reactor. Good memories.

Also, the pre order list for Crisis is almost finished, and I'm still under budget after scratching off a few more things. As it stands now I'm looking at getting the following:


Foundry: 
Four Legged Friends GPR022 - 4 animals - 16,20 euro 
One horse cart - GPR013 - 12 Pounds 

Magister Militum 
Pair of Ducks - AM13 - 0.50 Pounds x 8 = 4 Pounds 
Merchants (Hansa Teutonica) - BRU50 - 7,50 Pounds 
Assasin - BRU68 - 4,20 Pounds 

Ainsty Castings 
Mixed Memorials x4 - 2003 - 4 Pounds 
Chest Tomb x2 - 2005 - 3,50 Pounds 

Crooked Dice 
Repair Drone Deal (2pcs) - 4 Pounds 
Scary Statues set - 13 Pounds 

Fenris Games 
Dice Plinth - FGARC28 - 3 Pounds x3 
Chtullu Grave Markers - SKU00421 - 3,75 Pounds 
Lost Shores Ornamental Pool - SKU02213 - 6 Pounds 

Renedra 
Graveyard sprue - 8 Pounds


Sorted by project, Medieval Merchant and Graveyard, with just 1 Sci-Fi item because it is a robot to add to my collection :)

Things that could be axed to save money are the 12 pound cart, the 4 Pounds mixed memorials and 3.50 Pounds chest tombs, and the 4 pound assasin, though I feel that figure makes a excellent thief for Frostgate.

At the show I'm just looking for Vallejo Air metals, some kits from PSC and anything that peaks my interest at the Bring and Buy in the 1 hour break window that I have.

Anything under 200 euro spent will be a good day I think. Not so much that I can't make it back selling stuff, and not too little in new buys for my plans. Though this year, less is better :) (gosh, never thought I would hear myself say that)


1 opmerking:

  1. Aahh, Battletech, have some fond memories of that (and less fond ones of the time it took to play...). No hoards of mini's though, beyond the starter box with the atrocious soft plastic models (and painted in enamels to boot!).

    My plans for crisis so far:
    Get the most recent No Quarter magazine, look at the pretty tables and sales stands on display, buy some stuff on impulse that really catches my fancy, spend way too long being indecisive about a few larger purchases* and as a result end up spending less money than I brought with me... Worked well enough last time around. :P

    *: With my current budget, everything €20 or over counts as a larger purchase...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen