zondag 5 maart 2017

Desperate times call for.....a spot of welding, an old chassis and a spare gun! Part 1

I decided to just sit down, relax, and build a kit or 2, and to chill. So out comes project nr.3, the Panzer 1B StuK.

Removing the top armour was just a few snips with the cutter, some cuts with the knife and then careful sanding to make the rim appear pretty thin. Getting the left and right fillets in place on the inside (else you look right through the inside opening onto the tracks) was a bit fiddly and I used the Fujimi 1/76 StuG G gun baseplate (now hidden) as a solid mount to rest the framework on. For a change of pace, I have not glued down the top part, so I can paint the inside first. I tried to be as faithful as I could to the pictures of the model that I am using as possible.

I cut the same armour reinforcement panels, the long bars holding the gunmount (and neatly covering the support pillar I have glued underneath to make everything solid once built) and I think, with the limited means at my disposal, I've gotten very close.

(If you are worried about the top shape - this is not the final mounting plate, just a bit to raise the mounting plate to the correct height)

And this is as far as I got today.



Sure, it's not perfect, but so wasn't the original. When I have time again I'll continue on it....God knows when.

In case you are wondering, I'll use it as a "counts as" RSO Panzerjager with the Unreliable trait tacked to it. Sounds about right for this scrapheap challenge.

1 opmerking: